Budget airlines is a wonderful way to have short holidays or extended weekends somewhere interesting. The carrier Norwegian has flights from Copenhagen to Pisa and we went to explore Pisa a few days saying at the Grand Hotel Bonanno.
- Getting to town…
- If you fly into Pisa Airport taking the train to Pisa Centrale is cheap and easy. It takes less than 15 minutes.
- The Pisa Centrale train station is in the middle of town, and walking distance to most hotels.
- Exploring the city
- Walking around in town is easy and the distances are fairly short between interesting sights.
- Many hotels offers bikes, and while the pavement is bumpy it shouldn’t be a problem.
- Skip driving in town - the streest are narrow, there are many one-way streets and finding your way can be a challenge.
What to see
- The leaning tower is the most famous sight in Pisa, but far from the only interesting sight.
- The historic center of the city contains many churches and other sights.
- The city is filled with small (local) restaurants hidden away in the many narrow streets.
- There’s a big University in town - and a large hospital.
- The Arno river runs across the town.
- There’s a large train station with connections to Roma, Florence and other major Italian cities.